Featured post

If my people, who are called by my Name, humble themselves and pray (Part One)

The text, for those who have trouble with a rather individual cursive, reads as follows: Scandal after Scandal. No institution safe....

Thursday 8 May 2014

If My people who are called by My Name, humble themselves and pray (Part Two)

Part One of this post goes back nearly a year, see here and was addressed to the Church and to the Nation. It contains a prophecy of judgement.

I'm posting a video and linking to WND's article because most of what Rabbi Cahn has to say is valuable and apposite to the UK and the rest of the Anglo-sphere as well as to the USA.

A couple of small issues should be dealt with. Israel's covenant with God was initiated by God. The USA's 'covenant', if it exists was initiated by the USA. There is no record of God agreeing to it.

The USA is not the only nation with a biblically based constitution. It may come as a surprise to many, but the UK has a biblically based constitution. You can read the Coronation Oath here. This is the most relevant part to our post:

Archbishop. Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

Queen. All this I promise to do

Which means that although only the Church and Israel have Divinely initiated covenants, the UK  and the USA have covenanted themselves to God and must live with the consequences. If the Rabbi's argument has any validity, it must be valid for the UK as well.

Some time back I posted a Power-Point on Prayer triplets here.

At the end of my sermon I listed need for prayer and quoted the same verse that Rabbi Cahn quotes. 

All the sins he lists are applicable to the UK, but so is the Gospel he proclaims. 

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment